Call for proposals – second instalment of the 2014 French programmed food aid
(Synthesis document: for all details, please refer to the French version)
Within the framework of the French Interministerial Committee for Food Aid (“Comité interministériel de l’aide alimentaire” or “CIAA”), the French Embassy in Myanmar is launching a call for proposals for projects focused on food security.
The French Food Aid helps meet the food and nutrition most urgent needs, while contributing to the preservation and rehabilitation of livelihoods of affected populations. It also helps strengthen people’s resilience, their ability to cope with risks of shocks, and respond, recover and adapt in a sustainable manner.
In 2014, France is committed to significantly strengthen its activities in the field of nutrition through its food assistance. This requires, on one hand, the implementation of specific nutritional interventions to prevent and treat child and maternal malnutrition among pregnant and lactating women and children under two years old and, on the other hand, to take into account the nutritional dimension in the context of more comprehensive food assistance projects.
International organizations, international and local NGOs are eligible for the French food aid 2014 call for proposal.
Proposals must take into account the following geographical areas and issues:
1 / Response to food and nutrition needs of vulnerable populations in Rakhine state (early recovery activities will be preferred);
2 / Response to food and nutritional needs of IDPs in Kachin State.
A pre-selection and a final selection will be made respectively at the French Embassy in Myanmar and at the French MoFA levels. Organizations which have applied will be informed of the results of the selection process at the end of June/ beginning of July.
The proposals should be sent no later than Monday, May 26th to the Cooperation and Cultural Service of the French Embassy in Yangon. It should take the form of a project note which shall include the following:
- context of intervention and detailed analysis of food vulnerability;
- description of the project;
- information on the beneficiaries;
- methods of implementation;
- expected results;
- estimated budget.
The proposals, in French, should also take into account the following parameters:
- coordination and complementarity with other initiatives in the sectors and/or region of the foreseen intervention;
- mobilize all possible instruments, relevant and effective (including therapeutic feeding, cash transfers, vouchers, supporting productive factors);
- focus on local or regional purchases through in-kind support (to meet the food preferences of populations, strengthening the local private sector, avoid market distortions and reduce transportation costs and delivery times);
- pay special attention to gender equality and the situation of vulnerable groups;
- ensure that the associated costs (transport, operational costs, salaries) do not exceed 50% of the total budget;
- at least 50 percent of the funding request must be devoted to the purchase of food products (food, agricultural /nutritional imputs).
Applications must be sent by email to ambafrance.rangoun[a]diplomatie.gouv.fr
The Cooperation and Cultural Service of the French Embassy in Yangon is at your disposal to answer your questions.